Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Montana/N Wyoming is Joining the Inland NW Region

As I begin the fifth year of being regional director here in the Inland NW (Central & Eastern WA and North Idaho,) we have been asked by Young Life to combine with the Montana/N Wyoming Region. We are one new region together. The wisdom is to leverage the resources, strengths, expertises and slim down leadership to be simpler, more focused and not need two regions to fund and lead, but one that is better together.

If you know me, you know i am a sucker for a good brainstorm. Actually, if you know me, you know that I never leave brainstorming mode. Those gifted with 'critical thinking' skills know to slap me and splash my face with cold water to clarify that we are NO longer brainstorming. With that in mind, here are some brainstormed ideas! 

Gold Rush Region
Mountain West Region
"Washington Family Region"  
Big Sky Northwest
Lewis & Clark Trail Region
Deeper Wider Longer 
Greater NW Big Sky
Basalt and Light 
The Great Northwest 
Triple Threat (this used to be 3 regions...obviously this is a joke)
Northern Skies
Greater Northwest Skies
Greater Northwest Big Sky
Inland Big Sky
Big Ass Region
The Glacier and its Carnage
'Gods Country'
Blue Sky Region
Wild West region
Wild Wild Country! (see Netflix special series) 
Brewster to Billings
Cascades to Dakota
Cougars, Bulldogs, Bobcats and Grizzlies, Oh My!
1/4 of America region
'We ain't City Slickers'
Endless Region
14 Hour Drive Region
Inland NW Big Yellowsky Panhandlers
Rivers Mountains and Lakes for DAYS Region
'No Traffic' Region
Inland NW Big Sky

Any more?



4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness some of these made me laugh out loud: 14-hour drive region, 1/4 of America Region. Basalt and Light. But I think my favorite for-real option is Gold Rush Region. I am not a brainstormer, so I have nothing to add.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely “No Traffic Region” but only because “You need a private jet to lead this” region doesn’t roll of the tongue very well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cowboy Country Region
    Cattle Ranch Region
    Yellowstone Region
    Moose & Elk Region
    Super Volcano Region
    Oro y Plata Region
    Vegetarian Free Region
    We’re Not All Rednecks Region

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really glad you guys are excited about the merger. This creates a footprint that will have plenty of travel challenges, so your excite is a key to this being successful.

    As to the name change, unless there is a compelling reason to change from Inland NW, I'd leave it alone. The Northwestern Division, of which we are a part, encompasses land even east of us, so Northwest (NW) still fits. We're definitely inland.

    Best wishes on working out the details of how you both will be doing ministry after the merger.

    ReplyDelete