Sunday, January 24, 2016

A mind was meant to be blown




Many times after Jeff put his name “in the hat” I wondered what in the world we were doing.  I am always a worst case scenario person when thinking about potential situations.  I pondered the possibilities and would say, “Can I handle the worst thing that can result from this action?”    I reasoned that if we were hearing God and should continue down this path… it will turn out at minimum… just fine.  If we are acting as a result of bad pizza, this could be disastrous relationally, professionally and financially.  I contemplated to the point of insanity according to ordinary standards.  Finally, I was at the YMCA subjecting myself to pain and torture, having a usual ‘Jesus moment’ (you know when you think you are going to die), and I asked God between burpees and lunges… “so what do I make of all this stuff?  The interviews, the questions, the huge responsibility of a new position, a move, obedience, losing everything..”  And I felt like a still small voice say, ‘ Just hang in there.  I’m going to blow your mind.’ 

Well.  Fanfreakingtastic.  Blow my mind?  Just hang tight for a second while I recreate your reality thread by thread. Trust me.  It will be great.  In fact, it will exceed your expectations.  Hmm.  Am I capable of the kind of  trust I’ve only read about in books?

At that point, I didn’t think we would be in.  I only felt like I could rest into a roller-coaster seat, firmly seated beneath the seat-belt, not knowing where the roller-coaster would take me, or exactly what kind of ride I’d be on… but I was ready to have the fragments of my mind that remained prepare for take off!

No comments:

Post a Comment