Thursday, June 8, 2017

I'm getting Sabba-tickled June 18th to Sept 11th

Friends-

Next Saturday, June 18th, I begin a 12 week sabbatical with Young Life.  During this 3 months of rest, having space to grow in ways that I have wanted to but the concerns of the world have choked out. My priorities are:

1. Deeply connect through adventure and time with family.
· Vacay, time with friends and the kids friends, and a few road trips together. Some plans are still up in the air, based on how Dietrich is connecting amongst the family. Want to set ourselves up for success. :)

2. Rest and reflection:
·      Work through my ‘Living Forward’ Plan.  
·      Visit Black Butte & Hawaii with fam for rest, reflection, journal, study Psalms and NT.
·      Exercise 6 days a week, 72 times in wide varieties.

3. Sharpen my leadership and soul:
·       Reading 5 books on delegation, leadership, ‘fierce’ series, and spiritual formation.
·       Study under great ‘kingdom’ leaders: Wayne Williams, Bill Robinson, D.Asbjornsen and Dave Phifer
·       Meet with Marty Folsom, Randy Trettevik and Tim Reisenauer for counsel & helping me discover insight.

Updates to come!  Thanks for being on the journey.  I hope and pray that there will be tasty nuggets to share with you.  As I freely receive from the Lord, we will gladly share.  Maybe some laughable moments will come too. :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment