Monday, August 27, 2018

Becoming a (YL) great grandfather!

I just met one of my great grandchildren. Who would have thought? I’m 29 years old in my faith (42 total years old)...yet I’m a great grandfather at '29?'

A little history. Back in 2002 I became a YL leader for Marysville-Pilchuck HS ‘life of the party,’ Tyler Olen Marcus. Years later he became a YL leader and met and discipled a kid named Taylor Bream.

Fast forward to Creekside last week,
Taylor was here as a leader with Shoreline. He approached me and commented that I was his ‘spiritual grandfather.’ I was confused at first. I wondered if a DNA test was necessary to determine my genetic lineage with him, and if I owed him any past YL child support checks.  We got a good laugh together. 

The next day, one of the guys he led, Keegan, asked if he could meet his great grandpa...me!  So we posed for this picture by the pool.  Keegan, Taylor Bream, Tyler Marcus, me.  Four generations!  I wished my Young Life leader could have been there. And like a good great-grandfather I hope Keegan pops out a disciple in the next few years to add to this discipleship tree.

2Tim2:2 "the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable people who will also be qualified to teach others."



No comments:

Post a Comment